WHS Transportation Management Program Office (TMPO)
DoD Shuttle Operating Status as of November 1, 2023:
PTC = Pentagon Transit Center
MCS = Mark Center Station
Acceptable Badges for DoD Shuttle Use:
- Common Access Cards (CAC)
- Pentagon Facilities Alternative Credential (PFAC)
- Mark Center shuttles only accept CACs and ALT Cards
- Route 2 will also accept State Department badges
- Route 7 will accept Congressional badges in addition to the aforementioned badges
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled departure.
You can find DoD shuttle bus maps and schedules on the CAC-enabled WHS Portal .
Route 7: Pentagon (PTC Bay L10) - Capitol Hill
Limited service schedule. Serves the PTC, Rayburn House Office Building and Hart Senate Building only. The General Accountability Office (GAO) stop will not be served.
First bus departs PTC at 9:00am. Last bus ends at PTC at 5:41pm (Drop-off only).
Frequency: every 30 minutes.
Route 8: Pentagon (PTC Bay L9) - Washington Navy Yard
Limited service schedule.
Frequency: every 60 minutes.
Due to low ridership and HPCON C, DoD Shuttle Route 8 (Pentagon - Washington Navy Yard) will reduce its service to a modified schedule as of February 4, 2022 until further notice.
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 3:00 pm
(no service from 11:01am - 11:59am)
Mark Center (MCS Bay 5) - Franconia/Springfield
Regular service schedule.
Shuttle runs in the morning from 5:30am - 9:32am and in the afternoon/evening from 3:20pm - 7:14pm.
- Note 1: There are three pick-up and drop-off locations:
- Franconia/Springfield Metrorail station - Taxi terminal inside the garage
- Springfield Town Center - Shared bus stop with Fairfax Connector 332, 334, and 401, located on the westbound side of Spring Mall Drive near Junction Boulevard
- Mark Center Station - Bus Bay 5
- Note 2: The Springfield Town Center stop is within walking distance to the Park and Ride facility (6717 Frontier Drive, Springfield)
- Free commuter parking is available on levels 2, 4, and 6 in the Frontier Garage.
- Please visit the Fairfax Connector website for additional details.