The Washington Headquarters Services Office of Small Business Programs is dedicated to promoting maximum practicable opportunity to small businesses to participate in WHS acquisition requirements.
WHS OSBP offers guidance to small businesses, acquisition information to interested businesses, and to provide small businesses with information and guidance on procedures for marketing to WHS, the Department of Defense, and the Federal Government in general.
The OSBP works closely with the WHS Acquisition Directorate to ensure procurement opportunities are offered to the small business socioeconomic programs governed by the Small Business Administration (SBA). The socioeconomic programs not only assist small businesses, but they are intended to encourage economic growth for the region and thereby benefit the country as a whole.
The Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) serves as principal advisor to the Director of WHS on all matters related to small business and provides leadership and guidance to WHS and its customers. OSBP seeks to identify opportunities for small businesses to maximize their participation in WHS acquisitions.
The Office of Small Business Programs fosters and enabling environment, recognizing the value of small business, engaging them as critical suppliers capable of supporting Washington Headquarters Services and the Office of the Secretary of Defense.
- Offices of the Secretary of Defense
- Research & Engineering *
- Acquisitions & Sustainment *
* Formerly OUSD Acquisition Technology & Logistics, (AT&L)
- OSD Offices including General Counsel, Operational Test & Evaluation, USD Personnel & Readiness and others
- Chief Management Officer (CMO)
- Director of Administration
- Washington Headquarters Services (WHS)
- Pentagon Force Protection Agency
- All WHS Acquisition Directorate Customers
Small Business Vendors
OSBP will conduct quarterly information sessions. If you would like to attend a session to obtain a better understanding of WHS, email WHS.OSBP@mail.mil to make the request.
One-on-one vendor meetings will now be conducted based on requirement need and once specific opportunities have been identified. If conference calls can be accommodated, contact the designated small business professional assigned to that requirement.
DoD OSBP Links
The DoD Office of Small Business Programs under Acquisition and Sustainment governs the small business program for the Office of Secretary of Defense. The following programs are governed by the office:
- The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)/The Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR)
- Rapid Innovation Fund (RIF)
- Indian Incentive Program (IIP)
- Mentor-Protégé Program (MPP)
Here is the link to learn more about the small business programs for the Department of Defense:
Links to the Small Business Administration and the specific socio-economic programs we support: