Information and guidance provided here will be updated as the situation changes and new information becomes available. Please check back frequently.
The Pentagon Reservation and DoD offices and facilities in the National Capital Region are operating normally.
What Every DoD Civilian, Contractor or Military Member in the National Capital Region (NCR) Can Do Now:
- Follow CDC guidance for hygiene.
- Review the COVID-19 symptoms chart
- If you are sick, stay home.
- If you feel you have COVID-19 symptoms, stay home, call your health care provider and notify your supervisor.
- If you think you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and respiratory illness, such as a cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider immediately and notify your supervisor, if feasible. If you are already in the Pentagon and become ill, any employee should go to DiLorenzo Clinic.
- If you have had contact with someone who is now in 14-day isolation, stay home, call your health care provider and notify your supervisor.
What DoD Agencies and Offices in the NCR Can Do Now:
- Practice social distancing. It is recommended to have a minimum of six feet between individuals:
- Have fewer people attend meetings.
- Use VTC in place of in-person meetings or to connect a larger group to a single meeting.
- Consider canceling large gatherings such as promotion ceremonies or retirements.
- Identify who in your office can telework and test your organization’s telework capacity.
- Identify mission essential personnel who must report to duty.
COVID-19 Reporting Requirements for DoD Agencies in the NCR
If you have a service member, civilian employee or contractor who may be symptomatic for COVID-19 or potentially exposed to the COVID-19 virus, please notify the Pentagon Force Protection Agency Office of Emergency Management at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following information:
- Employment status (active duty, civilian, contractor)
- Branch of service (if military)
- DoD Component (e.g., USAF, DFAS, DISA, PFPA, OSD, JS, etc.)
- Primary Work Location (e.g., Pentagon, Mark Center, Leased Facility, etc.)
- Symptoms (Symptomatic or Asymptomatic)
- Status (e.g., Self-Isolation at home, hospital, etc.) - if self-isolating, provide reason (e.g., close contact, recent travel overseas, etc.)
All personally identifiable information, including protected health information, will be used and disclosed only as necessary to safeguard public health and safety in accordance with DoDI 5400.11, DoDI 6025.18, and DoDI 6200.03. For initial reporting, please only provide the information requested. If additional information is needed, someone will contact you.
Questions about COVID-19 reporting requirements for the NCR?
Contact the Pentagon Operations Center at 703-697-1001.
Note: This number is NOT for reporting purposes. It is only for questions. Send reports to email@example.com
COVID-19 Communication Products for Your Office: