Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) has been providing consolidated administrative and operational support to several Defense Agencies, DoD Field Activities, DoD headquarters, various military departments, the White House, and Congress since 1977. If you are interested in one of the many facets of procurement, facilities services, information technology, financial management, human resources, facilitating meetings, movement of people and things, and assuring equal employment opportunities, we may have a job for you!
WHS is committed to a work environment where
- team member contributions are appreciated and recognized;
- management is interested in helping employees advance their careers;
- employee commitment to quality is supported and recognized; and
- everyone is encouraged to act with integrity, enjoy coming to work, take responsibility, and be accountable.
If you share this commitment, consider joining the WHS team!
What We Offer
Salaries at WHS conform to government-wide ranges approved each year by Congress. All positions have an assigned grade(s) level which sets the pay parameters for the position within the U.S. Government salary scale. Please refer to specific vacancy announcements for the range of available salaries.
WHS offers standard Federal employment benefits, such as competitive salaries, 13 vacation days (extended to 19.5 days after just three years of service), 13 days of sick leave, a wide choice of life and health insurance options, retirement benefits, and a tax-deferred savings plan similar to a 401(K) savings plan.
- Health Insurance—Employees may enroll in one of the many health plans offered to Federal employees. These include both fee-for-service, point of service, and health maintenance organizations. The cost is shared by the Government and no physical examination is required.
- Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FASFEDS)
- Long-Term Health Care Insurance Program
- Life Insurance—Low-cost life insurance is available. Like health insurance, the cost is shared by the Government and no physical examination is required.
- Retirement—New employees are automatically enrolled in a three-tier system that includes Social Security, a basic pension plan (Federal Employees Retirement System), and a Thrift Savings Plan. Under the Thrift Savings Plan, employees may contribute up to 10 percent of their basic pay into a tax-deferred interest account. The Government will match the employee's contribution, up to 5 percent of basic pay.
How To Apply
All vacancy announcements for WHS positions are posted on USAJOBS. Please send one application for each vacancy announcement to which you want to apply.
- Go to the USAJOBS website.
- Enter WHS in the search box titled "What."
- Enter DC in the search box titled "Where."
Are you a veteran?
For transitioning service members visit the Information for Transitioning Service Members website.
For all other veterans visit the Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans website.
Are you a person with a disability?
The People With Disabilities Program could be for you.
Are you looking for an internship?
There are a variety of Student Employment Programs you could qualify for.
Are you looking for a Senior Executive Service (SES) position?
Visit the SES program page.