Welcome to the Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) website. OSBP is dedicated to promoting maximum practicable opportunity to small businesses to participate in WHS acquisition requirements.
WHS OSBP offers guidance to small businesses, acquisition information to interested businesses, and to provide small businesses with information and guidance on procedures for marketing to WHS, the Department of Defense, and the Federal Government in general.
The OSBP works closely with the WHS Acquisition Directorate to ensure procurement opportunities are offered to the small business socioeconomic programs governed by the Small Business Administration (SBA). The socioeconomic programs not only assist small businesses, but they are intended to encourage economic growth for the region and thereby benefit the country as a whole.
Mission: The Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) serves as principal advisor to the Director of WHS on all matters related to small business and provides leadership and guidance to WHS and its customers. OSBP seeks to identify opportunities for small businesses to maximize their participation in WHS acquisitions.
Vision: The Office of Small Business Programs fosters and enabling environment, recognizing the value of small business, engaging them as critical suppliers capable of supporting Washington Headquarters Services and the Office of the Secretary of Defense.
- Offices of the Secretary of Defense
- Research & Engineering *
- Acquisitions & Sustainment *
* Formerly OUSD Acquisition Technology & Logistics, (AT&L)
- OSD Offices including General Counsel, Operational Test & Evaluation, USD Personnel & Readiness and others
- Chief Management Officer (CMO)
- Director of Administration
- Washington Headquarters Services (WHS)
- Pentagon Force Protection Agency
- All WHS Acquisition Directorate Customers
Small Business Vendors
- OSBP will conduct monthly information sessions. If you would like to attend a session to obtain a better understanding of WHS, email WHS.OSBP@mail.mil to make the request.
- One on one vendor meetings will now be conducted based on requirement need and once specific opportunities have been identified. If conference calls can be accommodated, contact the designated small business professional assigned to that requirement.
- Link to acquisition forecast from the Acquisition Directorate
- To be developed
DoD OSBP Links
- The DoD Office of Small Business Programs under Acquisition and Sustainment governs the small business program for the Office of Secretary of Defense. The following programs are governed by the office:
- The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)/The Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR)
- Rapid Innovation Fund (RIF)
- Indian Incentive Program (IIP)
- Mentor-Protégé Program (MPP)
Here is the link to learn more about the small business programs for the Department of Defense:
- Links to the Small Business Administration and the specific socio-economic programs we support:
Procurement Technical Assistance Program:
Mr. Mark Gazillo currently serves as the Director for the WHS Office of Small Business Programs. He is responsible for overseeing the Government’s policy to place a fair portion of its acquisitions across all small business categories and for ensuring that small businesses have maximum practicable opportunities to participate as prime contractors and subcontractors at all tiers.
Prior to his assignment at WHS, Mr. Gazillo began work at the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense, Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics, Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) in March 2008. His assignments as an Associate Director at OSBP have included small business outreach initiatives, strategic planning and small business advocacy. Other areas of responsibility have included assisting the Director of OSBP in congressional testimony, serving as lead for service-disabled veteran owned small business and serving as liaison to Defense Acquisition University. Prior to joining OSBP, Mr. Gazillo was a warranted contracting officer for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) where he served as a senior contracting officer for FAA's Broad Information Technology and Telecommunication Services (BITS-II) Program. Mr. Gazillo has also worked as a warranted contracting officer and contract specialist for the Federal Highway Administration, Office of Acquisition Management. His responsibilities there included awarding and administering a wide range of complex contracts and cooperative agreements in support of the Department of Transportation's Intelligent Transportation Systems Initiatives. In previous positions, Mr. Gazillo worked for several years as a contract administrator with the Defense Logistics Agency and the Defense Contract Management Agency. As a contract administrator, located in a Defense Plant Representative Office (DPRO), he provided support for several large acquisition programs including the Mobile Subscriber Equipment (MSE) Program, the ISYSCON Program, and several other Department of Defense (DoD) communication programs. Mr. Gazillo holds a Level III Certification in contracting and is a member of the DoD Acquisition Corps. His education includes a B.A., M.S.L., MBA, and Certificate in Accounting.