The mission of the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity (EEOD) is to foster an inclusive and respectful workplace environment that allows all personnel to succeed as they support the defense of our nation. Our strategic goals complement the strategic goals of our organization.
The Office of EEOD is responsible for the implementation of: Civilian Equal Employment Opportunity Process, Military Equal Opportunity Process Information and Referral, the Alternative Dispute Resolution Program, and Affirmative Employment and Diversity Initiatives.
EEOD has two teams. The Compliance and Adjudication team process EEO complaints. This includes intake, EEO counseling, overseeing the investigation, and writing the Final Agency Decision if the complaint goes formal.
The Affirmative Employment and Diversity team conducts workforce data analysis and reports the results to senior management. It works with the Human Resources Directorate and Senior Leaders to identify and address barriers to equal employment. Upon request, it pulls the demographics for a specific office so that they are aware of gaps in their workforce compared to the benchmark. It also provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution Program that includes mediation, sensing sessions, and other alternatives to EEO complaints.
Who We Service
Current and former civilian and military personnel within the following organizations receive mission support through the EEOD:
- Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD)
- Joint Cheifs of Staff (JCS)
EFFECTIVE 19 December 2014: JCS is now serviced by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). You may contact the DLA EEO Office at 703-767-1123.
- Defense Legal Services Agency (DLSA)
- Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA)
- Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA)
- Defense Prisoner of War/Missing Personnel Office (DPMO)
- Defense Technology Security Administration (DTSA)
- Defense Test Resources Management Center (DTRMC)
- Office of Economic Adjustment (OEA)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (USCAAF)
- Washington Headquarters Services (WHS)
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)