Learning and Development
The mission of the Learning and Development Division (L&DD) is to plan, implement, and evaluate programs that support the education, training, and development of the DoD workforce to meet current and future performance objectives. L&DD fulfills its mission by providing the following services:
- Providing and supporting learning and development activities and programs to sustain a high-performing and robust civilian and military workforce
- Providing strategic and systematic advice to DoD leadership in all aspects of learning and development
- Determining and validating learning and development requirements and instituting the requisite management controls to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Preparing, managing and monitoring learning and development financial accounts for centrally-funded organizations requiring Department oversight (e.g., executive development programs such as Adaptive Planning and Execution (APEX), National Security Studies, and the Defense Leadership and Management Program)
- Ensuring that all serviced organizations use a competitive selection process that affords all employees an equal opportunity to participate in training and development programs as appropriate to their needs
- Procuring learning and development opportunities from vendors or degree-granting institutions that do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, or disability
- Ensuring that all learning and development programs and services as well as degree-granting institutions comply with the Merit System Principles
- Advising serviced organizations on all matters associated with the selection of suspect institutions or the participation of individuals or organizations that do not adhere to the Merit System Principles
For further information or assistance, e-mail the L&DD Customer Satisfaction Center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Center is manned by customer service representatives who will respond to your inquiries Monday - Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Please provide us feedback through an Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) Comment Card.