Personnel Security Operations
The Personnel Security Operations Division (PSOD) serves the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Washington Headquarters Services (WHS), select Department of Defense Agencies and Field Activities, and The Congress. PSOD responsibilities include:
- Process employment/personnel security nominations for sensitive and non-sensitive positions.
- Reciprocate existing clearances via accreditation/collaboration with other Federal agencies, to include the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Central Intelligence Agency, Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Dept. of State, Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Dept. of Homeland Security and United States Secret Service.
- Issue interim clearances; suspend/withdraw clearances.
- Initiate personnel security investigations with OPM; monitor case progress.
- Process actions with various Adjudication Facilities (including WHS, Military Services and DIA) for final clearances and special accesses.
- Present due process correspondence/decisions to nominees and employees of serviced clients.
- Real-time case information to clients via a secure website (SECOPS).
- Manage client accounts in the DoD Joint Clearance and Access Verification System.
- Administer the personnel security continuing evaluation program, including periodic personnel security reinvestigations.
To reach this office for further information/help, call 571-372-4005 or 571-372-3979 (Personnel Security Assistance).
Give us feedback through an Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) Comment Card!