Learning and Development
The mission of the Learning and Development Division (L&DD) is to plan, implement and evaluate programs that support the education, training, and development of the DoD workforce to meet current/future performance objectives. L&DD fulfills its mission by doing the following:
- Provides and supports learning and development activities and programs to sustain a high-performing and robust civilian and military workforce.
- Provides strategic and systematic advice to DoD leadership in all aspects of learning and development.
- Determines and validates learning and development requirements and institutes the requisite management controls to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepares, manages and monitors learning and development financial accounts for centrally-funded organizations requiring Department oversight, e.g., executive development programs such as APEX, National Security Studies, the Defense Leadership and Management Program.
- Ensures that all serviced organizations use a competitive selection process that affords all employees an equal opportunity to participate in training and development programs as appropriate to their needs.
- Procures learning and development opportunities only from vendors or degree-granting institutions that do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, or disability.
- Ensures that all learning and development programs and services as well as degree-granting institutions comply with the Merit System Principles.
- Advises serviced organizations on all matters associated with the selection of suspect institutions or the participation of individuals or organizations that do not adhere to the Merit System Principles.
For further information/assistance, send an e-mail to the L&DD Customer Satisfaction Center at firstname.lastname@example.org 24/7. Monday - Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. the Center is manned by customer service representatives who will respond to your inquiries.
Give us feedback through an Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) Comment Card!